Tuesday, April 8, 2008

He Gives and Takes Away

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful,
where Your streams of abundance flow, blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place;
though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be your name.

Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me;
when the world's all as it should be, blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering;
though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name.

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise.
When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say,
'Blessed be Your glorious name.'

You give and take away ..." ~Matt Redmon


For those of you who have thought of Angie and her precious Audrey Caroline, she was born today by C-section at 4:30 PM. She lived for 2 hours and 15 minutes and was loved on by all those close to her. I could not hold back the tears when I heard they had that much time with her. One of my prayers had been that she would not die so soon that they could not spend time with her. God answered that prayer, and many, many others.

Angie's friend has been updating her blog today. You can check it out at audreycaroline.blogspot.com.

Pray without ceasing ...

3 comments :

  1. Isn't that wonderful? I, too, had prayed that Angie and her family would be able to love on and get to know little Audrey (and that Audrey would feel her family holdling her, loving her) before God took her. I had also prayed that the end would not be traumatic. Both prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this as my devotion today for my classes. I have never heard them so quiet. I choked each time I did it. We do serve an amazing God who is miraculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that link, Sharon. I just read the whole story from the beginning. What an incredible God we have and Angie is a true servant and worshiper of Him!

    ReplyDelete



We are missionaries serving God and the task of Bible translation by serving the missionary community in Papua New Guinea through Personnel Administration and MK Education. We thank you for your prayers!



For the Bibleless Peoples of the World ...


(Updated 13 April 2013)