Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week in Review Supplement: 26 May ("Evan's Birthday")

"You know you're getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It's like, 'See if you can blow this out.'" ~ Jerry Seinfeld

"Let them eat cake."  ~Marie Antoinette


Because I didn't want Evan's birthday to get lost in the normal week in review, I chose to keep today separate.  Though he had a party a few weeks ago, on Friday evening, Evan had three of his friends over to celebrate his actual birthday weekend.  They ate hamburgers together and watched "The Hobbit."

An hour into the nearly-three hour movie, they took a break for cake.

Such as it was.


After using one for his skating birthday party, I am now down to three candles.  As there's no Wal-Mart on the corner, he got one again. It had nothing to do with him getting old.

Of course, he'd like it to mean that he's gonna get nine more chocolate celebrations.


This is the same cake recipe that I had used for Andie's birthday, and while the difficulties I had were different this time (I attended to the oven with much more religiosity, and so managed to maintain within it a relatively consistent temperature), other troubles ensued.

Here is the final product, as I pulled it from the refrigerator:


Oh, alas.  Now, this cake recipe is absolutely delicious, and though, at least under my chefery, it has been fraught with complications, it'll still eat.

And eat it they did.
 

Happy eleventh birthday to my baby!  (and to my brother, too, who shares the day!)

No comments :

Post a Comment



We are missionaries serving God and the task of Bible translation by serving the missionary community in Papua New Guinea through Personnel Administration and MK Education. We thank you for your prayers!



For the Bibleless Peoples of the World ...


(Updated 13 April 2013)